Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tyler Hains


Hi,This is Tyler Hains. Remember me? Anyway, here's what I've done with the last 15 years (wow, I must be old!)...After graduating from PineView, I went to school at MIT in Cambridge, MA. I took a break to serve a mission in Sapporo, Japan, and came back to finish MIT, graduating in 2000 with my bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering. I got married that same year to a Massachusetts native, Rebecca Consentino. For a while, I worked for Lavastorm, the company that built the original Family Search web site. After that I worked for Solectria, a company that built electric vehicles. Rebecca then decided she wanted to teach college, and needed a PhD, so we moved to Philadelphia so she could attend Temple University. Conveniently, I got to hang out with my sister, Erin, as she is living outside Philadelphia.While we were in Philadelphia, I got a job with a startup company as their IT person.When Rebecca finished her program and we moved back to Massachusetts, my company decided to keep me on and allow me to telecommute. I continue to work for that company from home as their IT Director. The company, ProfitPoint, was recently named one of the 100 fastest growing privately held companies in the US by Inc. Magazine.In our spare time, Rebecca and I sing and act with a number of community theater groups. We tend to do a lot of Gilbert & Sullivan. We also sang for several years with the Tanglewood Festival Chorus. We will probably sing in their Holiday Pops concerts again next year - this year we are taking a break...Rebecca will also be taking a slight break from teaching at Salem State College, and will be doing mostly administrative duties this semester, as she will be taking her maternity leave. By the time this is printed, we should have our first child to add some more adventure to our lives.Here is our contact info:Rebecca & Tyler Hains9 Beckett St.Peabody, MA 01960978-532-2408tyler@hains.net

No comments: