Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mike Barben



Hey class of “93”! I can’t believe we are getting so old. Fifteen years has flown by. I still feel like I am 18, but the grey hair and wrinkles are catching up with me. Ha ha! Where do I start? After graduating from PVHS, I served my mission in England. I returned home in June of 96 and met my wife of 11 years, Vanessa, at Dixie College. I graduated from Dixie with my Associate degree and went on to Southern Utah University and graduated with a Bachelors degree in Business/Marketing. I have three great kids Bo 8 years old (named after my great friend Bo Shaheen), Brielle age 5 and Bella age 1. We currently live in St. George, although we did move back east (Philadelphia) this past summer for a summer sales job. We absolutely loved Pennsylvania and had a great experience there. I have worked at St. George Truss Co. for the past 8-9 years and absolutely loved working with Russ Nielson. I’m now looking to go back to school and get my Master’s in secondary education, and follow in the footsteps of my parents and teach/coach at the high school level. I love being a dad, and I am still a sports fanatic. Go Cougs, Rams, Dodgers, and Lakers! My family and I love St. George, and hope to stay here forever if we can. I would love to keep in touch with all of you; here is our family blog barbenblast.blogspot.com or e-mail mikebarben13@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Mike, it's Andi Torgerson. It's so great to see you again & to catch up on your life. You have a beautiful family! I'm so happy for you. Tell your parents & siblings "Hi" for me. It seems like a million years ago that we were in YM/YW together. Those were awesome memories.

Chat with ya soon,
Andi (Torgerson) Walker