Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ginny Towt Nobis


After high school graduation, I began working at Skywest Airlines full time, and enrolled at Dixie College. Two years later, I met my incredible, wonderful, good looking, thoughful, sweet, kind husband, Mike Nobis (DHS ‘90), in tennis class. He was late and I was running "on-time" – a habit I am still trying to break! We married the following summer. I graduated with my Associate of Arts degree from Dixie, and went on to pursue my Elementary Education degree from SUU.

While doing my student teaching, I had my first child, Kaitlyn, in 1998. I went on to graduate and began working the following fall part time at Red Mountain Elementary in Ivins. Two years later, my second child, Mckenna was born and I took a year off from teaching. I missed teaching so much that year, that when an opportunity to teach kindergarten came up, I jumped at the chance! I went back to SUU to get my Early Childhood Endorsement, and just kept going to receive my Master of Education in 2003. After my son, Nate, was born in 2002, I taught for two more years at Red Mountain. The pull to be home was too great, though. I wanted to be with my children while they were small and so I left teaching elementary school to start my own small preschool in my home in Shadow Mountain (near Valley View Drive in St. George).
Starting preschool was a lot of work! At the end of the year (2005), I was looking forward to the following year to improve on what I had started when I learned that I was expecting twins. My husband, my family and I were surprised, shocked, elated.....you can imagine the emotions we went through --or maybe a few of you have experienced this miracle! At my 16 week appointment, we learned that they were likely identical and that one (Briana) would not survive. Our hearts were breaking and our children were so sad. I was on modified bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy, as we waited each week to learn that Briana had passed away and Abby would be okay. Briana never did pass away in-utero. I went into pre-term labor and my sweet baby twins were delivered at 26 weeks. Briana was born still and Abby lived for a short time.
Our twins birth and death changed me and my family forever. We miss them each day, but we were also blessed with a miracle–my sweet baby girl, Ella. Ella was born one year later and has brought a huge measure of joy to me, my husband, and my sweet children. We are reminded each day that life is precious, and we are so grateful for eternal families.
Life has a way of coming full circle! After spending three straight years pregnant, on bed rest, nursing, etc...life is busier than I had ever dreamed of! Many times during those years, I would wish I could just have a little normalcy back in my life...I got my wish! I now get to "pay it forward" and serve the women in my ward as a Relief Society President and I have started preschool again.
I can’t wait to see what life has brought my friends from high school!

1 comment:

Pine View Class of 93 said...

Ginny, you are an amazing woman. I admire your positive attitude and strength. Challenges in life are what make us who we are and make us more understanding. I wish we could have talked more at the reunion. I didn't get a chance to talk to many. Maybe at the 20.