Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cynthia Plewe Rushton


Hey fellow Panthers!
The past 15 years of my life can be categorized in three chapters:

Chapter 1: Education. I attended Dixie College then SUU where, 1998 I earned a bachelors degree in Theater Arts/Dance with an English minor.

Chapter 2: Career and Marriage. My first teaching position was at Hurricane Middle School. In July of 1999, I married Jim Rushton. We moved to his hometown, Mesquite, Nevada where I began teaching theater and English at VVHS. Being a high school Drama Director was artistically challenging, demanding, and very rewarding. During that time I directed, choreographed, designed, and produced numerous plays and musicals--we even did Music Man (just like our senior year!) After six years of teaching, my husband was ready to be done building sets for his totally stressed out wife and I was ready for a new chapter--unfortunately we weren't in control of when the next chapter in our lives would begin...

Chapter 3: Motherhood. Ironically, it was during a play rehearsal that I received word that a baby girl had been born and we had been chosen to be her adoptive parents. My students had to perform without a director because we were off to meet our oldest daughter, Riley Grace. It came as a total shock when I got pregnant two months later! Savannah Hope came 11 months after Riley. There are two words for these partners in crime--destroying angels! Riley is now 4, Savannah is 3, and our third girl, Addison, is 6 months old. I'm blessed to get sloppy kisses, pure laughter, lots of drama, and expressed love everyday.

I owned a wedding and events decorating business for a couple of years but happily sold it when, after 9 years in Mesquite, we recently moved to Cedar City as my husband transferred with Wells Fargo. I am happy to report that I am a full-time mother and homemaker.

It's been so fun to catch up with y'all at the reunion and through this blog. Hopefully more contribute...

No comments: