Monday, October 20, 2008

Brenda Johnson


I have been accused of not being able to sit still. I say life is full of adventures just waiting to be discovered and sometimes invented so don’t miss an opportunity to enjoy (and your mom still loves you even though you are still giving her ulcers at 33)!
After graduating, I went right to work. I quickly finished up my Associates of Arts degree at Dixie College and graduated in ’94 with both my mom and my sister. Then it was onto grander scales that included packing up and moving to Salt Lake. After changing my major after my first year at the University of Utah, I graduated in March ’97 with a Bachelors degree in Communication with an emphasis in Public Speaking.
For the past 12 years I have been building my career as an Escrow Officer at Title One in Salt Lake. It has been an amazing learning experience to become familiar with the ins and outs of the housing market. Being in the industry, I just couldn’t help but get involved and so I purchased my own home and have been living there for the past ten years.
I have served in many capacities within the Church over the years. I am currently serving as the 1st Councilor of the Stake Relief Society Presidency and love being involved with the education of the sisters. Additionally, in my many travels, I have had the opportunity to visit and do work in several of the temples around the world.
Traveling is my passion! I have been to numerous places in this country and have visited several other countries as well. I must admit that two of my favorites have been my adventures in Australia where I was able to put my scuba diving skills to use at the Great Barrier Reef and Italy where I become engrossed in the history and art. I can typically be found on an airplane headed to a new location at least two or three times a year . . . no worries, I have only jumped out of one of the airplanes! I did learn quickly that I prefer the underwater to the falling through the air.
Other than that, I have never been married and so there are no little ones or husband to discuss.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Brenda, you look beautiful! So great to see you again, & to hear of your wonderful adventures. Chat with ya soon, Andi (Torgerson)Walker